- Student Sign In
- Dropping Items Off
- Early Pickup
- Lost & Found
- Communications & Email
- After School Plan Changes
- Absence Policy
- Walking, Biking, Scootering, etc.
- Carpool Drop-off and Pick-up
- Contacting Your Child's Teacher
We require all visitors and parents to sign-in at the front office before proceeding into the building. There is a sign-in kiosk located in the front office. After signing in, be sure to place the Bobcat Visitor Badge on your clothing. If you don't have a badge, you will be asked to return to the front office and get one.
Our primary communication method for parents/guardians is email. Please make sure that your contact information is up-to-date in PowerSchool. If you have any questions, contact our school registrar.
The standard format for district email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The addresses use our "legal names," not nick names. For example, Sandy Smith's email address would be email@example.com. If you are having trouble contacting a staff member, the front office is happy to provide you the correct email address.
We have a system in place called Bus Notes. Bus Notes are delivered to the teachers by 2:30PM each day. If you need to get a message to your child, call 970-328-8930 and the front office will deliver the message. We will need to know your child's name, their teacher, and the message. All messages should be phoned in by 1:30PM. If you call after 1:30PM, we cannot guarantee that the message will get to your child.
Regular school attendance is a key factor in student achievement. Any absence represents an educational loss to the student. We know, however, that some absences are unavoidable. Therefore, this policy is designed to minimize student absenteeism and provide students with the opportunity to make up schoolwork missed due to parent-directed absences. The district strongly encourages scheduling family vacations outside of the school year, and strongly discourages withdrawing students from school before the end of the year. Any student who has twenty or more unexcused or pre-excused absences in a year can be considered for retention at grade level.
- The parent/guardian must submit notification of absence a minimum of five school days in advance. Only medical/dental appointments and illness will be excused.
- The student will be responsible for obtaining and completing all missed assignments.
It should be understood that there are things that happen in a classroom that are experiential and cannot be made up. In striving for academic excellence, please help us maintain an attendance rate of 95% or higher.
To report an absence call 970-328-4064 before the start of the school day. If your child is late, have your child check in at the front office. They will be given a Welcome Slip to give to their teacher. If your child doesn't stop at the office and sign in, they will have an unexcused absence for the day and you will receive a phone call from us.
Parents /guardians should email or call the school if a student will miss more than one full day of school. Only absences that are medical or illness in nature will be excused.
- No Cell Phone Area- Driving and talking on your cell phone is not permitted while in the drop off and pick up lanes.
- South Bound Traffic on Eagle Ranch Road, if you are driving south on Eagle Ranch road to access the entrance for Brush Creek Elementary, as you turn right into Brush Creek, please stay in the right lane.
- North Bound Traffic on Eagle Ranch Road‚ if you are driving North on Eagle Ranch Road to access the entrance to Brush Creek Elementary, please turn into the left lane of the driveway.
- We will have dual lanes for drop off. Proceed in your designated lane until you reach the crosswalk coming from the parking area. An adult volunteer will be there to open doors and get children out of the cars and to the curb. Please don't let your children out of the car until an adult volunteer is present to escort your child.
- There will be a "traffic director" in front of the cross walk waiting point. Please wait until instructed to go.
- DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR CHILDREN IN THE PARKING AREA.
- Adults - Please do not exit your vehicle if you are in the drop off zone.
- No Cell Phone Area- Driving and talking on your cell phone is not permitted while in the pick up lanes.
- South Bound Traffic on Eagle Ranch Road- If you are driving south on Eagle Ranch road to access the entrance for Brush Creek Elementary, as you turn right into Brush Creek stay in the right lane and pull up to the next car in line. STAY with your vehicle. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE UNATTENDED.
- North Bound Traffic on Eagle Ranch Road‚ if you are driving North on Eagle Ranch Road to access the entrance to Brush Creek Elementary, please turn into the left lane of the driveway and pull up to the next car in line. STAY with your vehicle. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE UNATTENDED.
- We will have dual lanes for pick up. Proceed in your designated lane until you reach the crosswalk from the parking area. An adult volunteer will bring your child to your car. If you are picking up more than one child, please tell the volunteer.
- Children will stay on the curb until an adult can escort them to their car.
- There will be a‚ "traffic director" in front of the cross walk waiting point. Please wait until instructed to go.
We respectfully ask that you do not attempt to talk to the teacher while he/she is present with children. The teacher's first responsibility is foremost to the class. Taking time to speak to parents who have not scheduled an appointment is time and attention taken away from students. Teachers are happy to set up conferences, answer emails and voice-mails at a time when each can give you the time and attention you need. Parents are welcome in the classroom when they have prearranged volunteer opportunities with the teacher.